- Recent data from Symphony Consulting (click here ), shows that while US retail sales of products making ‘natural’ claims still grew in 2012, the pace of that growth slowed noticeably compared with the 2009-11 period.
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has issued guidance on how to evaluate the introduction of genetically modified (GM) animals in the European Union.
- The ability to modify the micro- and macro-structure of food products using hydrocolloid science offers the food industry a plethora of opportunities to make healthier and better tasting foods, say experts.
- The European Commission and member states have voted to ban a flavouring compound, following an EFSA opinion on its safety published last week, which found that the ingredient was of concern.
- Fusion flavors are just starting to surface in the patisserie sector with inspiration drawn from Asia in particular, a manager at Pidy says.
- Fresh, locally-sourced fruit, vegetables and legumes must replace foods high in fat and sugar in the EU’s fund for Most Deprived, says the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA).
Stellen im Fokus
+44 871 222 9883